Public Health Guidance Regarding Coronavirus
There is much news coverage regarding COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus. Like many districts, we are sharing guidance and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Illinois Department of Public Health. The Illinois Department of Public Health continues to recommend that schools remain in session and follow routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures. No special measures are necessary but as always, our staff will continue to exercise good common sense in keeping our buildings as clean as possible as we always do for this type of situation.
The Illinois Department of Public Health also recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same precautions against getting sick in general, including:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Illinois Department of Public Health and will update you with any recommended changes.